Fowler Digital Micrometer Set
What’s in the Box?
counter reads .001"
graduations on satin chrome
tipped measuring faces
- Positive locking nut on spindle. Sets and sizes over 1" include standards.
- Full 1-year warranty offered by Fowler High Precision, an American company
- Outside micrometer set with a 0 to 3" measuring range and flat anvil/spindle pair with 0.256" diameter measuring face for general purpose measuring- set of three
- Digit display has 0.001" graduations and Vernier scale to 0.0001" and an accuracy of 0.00016" (0-1” unit) for precise readings
- Hardened and precision-ground anvil and spindle have micro-lapped carbide measuring faces with 0.00005" parallelism on 0 to 1" micrometers and 0.00003" flatness for accurate measurements
- Hardened, ground, and lapped spindle thread provides smooth movement, accuracy, and long life. Ratchet stop applies constant force for repeatability between users.
The Fowler 52-224-103-0 inch digit micrometer set has a 0 to 3" measuring range and a flat anvil/spindle pair with a 0.256" diameter measuring face for general purpose measuring. The digit display has 0.001" graduation intervals and the secondary Vernier scale has 0.0001" graduation intervals and an overall accuracy of 0.00016" (0-1” unit) for precise readings. Microfine graduations on satin chrome finish provide clear readings, and the positive locking nut on the spindle locks measurements in place for accurate readings.
- Fowler 52-224-001 0 to 1" outside micrometer
- Fowler 52-224-002 1 to 2" outside micrometer and standard
- Fowler 52-224-003 2 to 3" outside micrometer and standard
- Fitted case
A zero adjustment on the sleeve ensures accurate measurements. The anvil/spindle pair have hardened, precision-ground, and micro-lapped measuring faces with 0.00003" flatness and 0.00005" parallelism on 0 to 1" micrometers to provide accurate measurements. The spindle thread is hardened, ground, and lapped to provide smooth movement, accuracy, and long life. The ratchet-stop thimble provides an audible sound and stops turning when the spindle comes into contact with the workpiece, providing constant force for consistent measurements between operators. The grey baked-enamel frame provides durability and is heat-insulated to reduce temperature-related expansion or contraction, providing for accurate measurements. The set includes 0 to 1", 1 to 2" and 2 to 3”, 1" and 2" standards, a spanner wrench, and a fitted case. This product has a 1 year warranty offered by Fowler High Precision. If you experience any problem, contact Fowler directly for warranty claims.
Micrometers are precision measuring instruments that use a calibrated screw to measure distances. These measurements are translated into large rotations of the screw that are then able to be read from a scale or a dial. Micrometers are typically used in manufacturing, machining, and mechanical engineering. There are three types of micrometer: outside, inside, and depth. Outside micrometers may also be called micrometer calipers, and are used to measure the length, width, or outside diameter of an object. Inside micrometers are typically used to measure interior diameter, as in a hole. Depth micrometers measure the height or depth of any shape that has a step, groove, or slot.