Tillotson Stock Carburetor
The PK-1 carburetor is legal for AKRA and many other racing divisions.
The Tillotson PK-1A fits most of the 196cc 6.5hp Clone Engines, including Honda GX200, Ducar 196, Ducar/Tillotson 212E, Tillotson 196R/RS, Tillotson 212R, Ducar/Tillotson 212E, Predator 212, and BSP 196 and 212 Engines.
The key standard features:
- The venturi is machined to .613" plus or minus .001" very close to the .615" no-go rule. Additional boring is not needed.
- The throttle shaft alignment is made to the centerline of the bore.
- The emulsion tube is of a 24 hole progressive design
- Main jet size .039."
- Low side jet .028."
- Low side air bleed .055."
- High side air bleed .043."
The jetting above is a general starting point for all different types of racing, this combination was base on a stock rule clone using CL-1 camshaft turning a max RPM of 6,100 with 10.8 springs.
If you have a current 2017 built AKRA stock clone engine with a ported head, CL-3 type camshaft 10.8 spring, 37-degree flywheel advance
, and your turning about 7,000 RPM or more, you may find using a .034" to a .037" low side jet and .036" to .039" main jet. Caution: Using this combination your idle may be rough and there is a chance of loading up if it idles for too long.
Minibike racers, we recommend trying the carburetor as is; if idle is too rough, you may need to purchase a .020" low side jet.